Do you believe magic?
Is there power in your dreams?
I have heard many people say you can attract the things you want by focusing deeply on them and really, truly imagining you will have them. It seems to be a popular notion these days. There are plenty of articles, video's and books that talk of concepts such as the "Law of Attraction" and "The Secret" and I can see how appealing this magical thinking can be.
It's not my intention to squash any of these notions necessarily as they seek to encourage us, and should they be believed and acted upon, they will yield results regardless. It's just that I am not convinced that magic plays any part in the result.
Rather than some special cosmic favors granted to us just for wishing, I believe that if we achieve success it is because of 'actions' we have taken with our goals in sight.
I personally believe that if there is any 'magic', it is the magic within us to act on our big dreams with focused intention.
One of my favorite quotes of all time is:
"Whether you think you can
or think you can't,
I believe that no matter who you are, or where you are, as long as you focus on your dreams and you know what the end result will look and feel like, you will naturally be taking action to get closer to your dreams. No supernatural forces required, simply you, taking action.
Isn't that great news?!
It means the only thing standing in the way of you attaining your dreams is you, and nothing can stop you when you do make that choice.
Sure, life will throw you curve balls and not everything will go your way but as long as you are open to opportunity and willing to do the work, you can get closer to your dreams everyday.
Where to start?
Most of you already know, many have already started and many are all ready there. For those that haven't, remember, each day is an opportunity, yours is here now, grab a pen and paper and take some notes.
What I am going to share is a way in which you can start managing your time and plan your goals today. I call this the "TIGER Method" and the acronym goes like this:
Testify on your motivation and dreams.
* Write out goal statements for all areas of your life that need focus.
* Start tracking your time and see where it really goes.
Identify what has works & what doesn't.
* Note Technical Errors, External Realities and Obstacles holding you back.
* Consider your personality, style & unique challenges.
Get real about how long tasks take
* Use a task planner to do this.
* Choose a planner that suits your style.
* Categorize Organize and Map out your task schedule to
make time tangible.
Engage your plan and take action.
* Make decisions on tasks using 4 D's,
"Delete, Delegate, Defer and Do It."
* Purge excess & meaningless tasks.
* Assign space for tasks and keep separate.
Refine & adapt the schedule to your needs.
* Monitor your progress & timing bi-monthly.
* Make time to re-group in times of crisis.
* Be flexible yet honor your commitments.
* Take time to celebrate your successes.
This process can help you lay out your dreams; it only requires your passion and a bit of effort. The sooner you start, the sooner you realize your dreams.
"The vision must be followed by the venture.
It is not enough to stare up the steps,
we must step up the stairs."