Having done a little research into the shelf life of cosmetics, I feel that this information would not only help to clear your clutter, yet may also help serve to clear up someone's complexion.
Today I offer a few tips for you when it comes to organizing your cosmetics so you can make sure that whatever product you use, it's fresh.
First, the organizing process:
1. Sort all your cosmetics into various categories such as creams, foundations, eyes, lips and nails.
2. Go through each one carefully and toss out anything that you; hate, can't remember when you bought it, has expired, is dried out, is covered in dust or smells funny.
3. Decide where your keepers will go.
4. Containerize each category to set limits on future purchases and to ensure you will always have a "Place for everything."
5. Label your containers wherever possible.
6. Keep a copy of the Shelf life List in with your cosmetics so you can keep on top of future expired products.
Please note: If you don't have containers on hand that are suitable, think carefully about your needs and decor, measure, make a list and go shopping.
My philosophy is, If you can afford to spend a few dollars taking care of your skin, you should be able to spend a few dollars taking care of your home and sanctuary.
Make-up Shelf Life List: (In order of shelf life)
• Mascara: 3 months
• Liquid eyeliner: 3-6 months
• Nail Colour: 1 year
• Oil Free Foundation: 1 year
• Concealer: 12-18 months
• Cream Blush: 12-18 months
• Cream Eye Shadow: 12-18 months
• Cream or Compact Foundation: 18 months
• Lip Gloss: 18-24 months
• Lipstick or Liner: 2 years
• Powder: 2 years
• Blush & Bronzer: 2 years
• Powder Eye Shadow: 2 years
• Eyeliner: 2 years