Professional Organizing Tips and Resources.
Do you believe in the power of your dreams?
Some say you can attract the things you want by focusing deeply on them and imagining you really will have them.
There are many people I meet who actually believe that the magic of the universe will somehow bring their goals to life if they just focus hard enough. The ideas behind the "Law of Attraction" and books like the "Secret" serve only to encourage this magical thinking.
Its not that I necessarily want to squash any of these pet theories, since they all seek to encourage us, yet, I remain unconvinced that supernatural forces or magic plays any part in us getting closer to our dreams.
In my view it's the magic within us, to dream hard and put effort into the things we want, that makes things happen. And to think positively helps too. One of my all-time favorite quotes being "Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right"
It is true that if you focus deeply on your dreams they are much more likely to come to fruition. No matter who you are or where you are, as long as you focus and work towards your goals you will naturally be taking action to get closer to them, and success may follow. No supernatural forces required, simply you, taking action and saying yes to opportunities in line with your dream.
Great news isn't it? That means the only thing standing in the way of you attaining your dreams is you. That's a good thing, because nothing else can stop you when you do make that choice.
Sure, life will throw you curve balls and not everything will go your way but as long as you are open to opportunity and willing to do the work, you can get closer to your dreams everyday.
If your here reading this and one of your dreams is to become more organized, let's talk about where to start, and what actions you can take along the way.
Remember, each day is an opportunity, yours is here now, grab a pen and paper and take some notes. What I am going to share is a way in which you can start managing your time and plan your goals today.
I call this the "TIGER Method"
Testify on your motivation and dreams
* Write out goal statements for all areas of your life that need focus.
* Start tracking your time and see where it really goes.
Identify what has works & what doesn't
* Note Technical Errors, External Realties and Psychological Obstacles holding you back.
* Consider your personality, style & unique challenges.
Get real about how long tasks take
* Use a task planner to do this.
* Choose a planner that suits your style.
* Categorize Organize and Map out your task schedule to make time tangible.
Engage your plan and take action
* Make decisions on tasks using 4 D's, "Delete, Delegate, Defer and Do It."
* Purge excess & meaningless tasks.
* Assign space for tasks and keep separate.
Refine & adapt the schedule to your needs
* Monitor your progress & timing bi-monthly.
* Make time to re-group in times of crisis.
* Be flexible yet honor your commitments.
* Take time to celebrate your successes.
This process can help you lay out your dreams.
It only requires your passion and a bit of effort.
The sooner you start, the sooner you realize your dreams.
"The vision must be followed by the venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps - we must step up the stairs." ~Vance Havner
Go get' em Tiger!
Need help organizing? Michelle serves the Carleton Place, Lanark County and Ottawa areas.