Professional Organizing Tips and Resources.
Clear some clutter and have a better complexion too!
To be honest, I have been pretty bad in the past about my cosmetics. Holding on way too long to old products I didn't get to finish. These products don't come so cheap sometimes, so many of us try to be thrifty.
Yet, once I decided that I needed to start taking better care of my skin, I starting taking a closer look at what I was putting on it.
I learned allot in the process of investigating about cosmetic safety, from the expired product guidelines to what toxins lie within most products on the market. You may be shocked at what we are putting on our precious skin.
As a result of my organizing I was able to toss quite a bit of old unused products.
Let me know how you do if you happen to take on this challenge?
Cosmetic Breakdown Checklist:
1. Sort all your cosmetics into various categories such as creams, foundations, eyes, lips and nails.
2. Go through each one carefully and toss out anything that you; hate, can't remember when you bought it, has expired, is dried out, is covered in dust or smells funny.
3. Decide where your keepers will go.
4. Containerize each category to set limits on future purchases and to ensure you will always have a "Place for everything."
5. Label your containers wherever possible.
6. Keep a copy of the Shelf life List in with your cosmetics so you can keep on top of future expired products.
Please note: If you don't have containers on hand that are suitable, think carefully about your needs and decor, measure, make a list and go shopping.
My philosophy is, If you can afford to spend a few dollars taking care of your skin, you should be able to spend a few dollars taking care of your home and sanctuary.
Make-up Shelf Life List: (In order of shelf life)
• Mascara: 3 months
• Liquid eyeliner: 3-6 months
• Nail Colour: 1 year
• Oil Free Foundation: 1 year
• Concealer: 12-18 months
• Cream Blush: 12-18 months
• Cream Eye Shadow: 12-18 months
• Cream or Compact Foundation: 18 months
• Lip Gloss: 18-24 months
• Lipstick or Liner: 2 years
• Powder: 2 years
• Blush & Bronzer: 2 years
• Powder Eye Shadow: 2 years
• Eyeliner: 2 years
Please share any tips you have in the comments section below.
Thank you on behalf of Tidy Tiger and all the readers.
Need help organizing? Michelle serves the Carleton Place, Lanark County and Ottawa areas.