Professional Organizing Tips and Resources.
To get you started on the right track to having a more organized and efficient office, I offer up a creation of mine. This guide and checklist to "Having the IDEAL Office!" will help you set up an office that is easy to work in, thus making the task of keeping organized a pleasure, not a chore. If having an "IDEAL" Office pleases you, read on.
Did you know that the average white collar worker losses 55 min's a day due to disorganization? For a small company of only 10 people that could mean lost wages of over $35,000.00 per year.
Can you just imaging taking that kind of cash and just burning it? I can, I've seen it done. In my article "The Cost of Disorganization" I speak on that topic to some good detail.
So, you may ask, where is the time going? Well, usually it lost when employees are not able to find their needed tools, files and references in a timely fashion. A lot of this can be prevented with a well laid out office and some basic organizational skills.
It is true that the driving factor that pushed me to start Tidy Tiger Solutions was the witnessing of great need for effective organization in the work place. I must say that although I enjoy organizing homes, the challenge of Taming Paper Tigers is my first passion.
So today, to get you started on the right track, I offer up a simple creation of mine. This guide and checklist to "Having the IDEAL Office!" will help you set up an office that is easy to work in, thus making the task of keeping organized a pleasure, not a chore. So if having an "IDEAL" Office pleases you, read on.
Review these five areas and create you IDEAL office today:
1. Properly set up available supplies and equipment.
2. Review floor plans to see if used to best advantage.
3. Have enough supplies for your needs.
1. Desks should be roomy, useful and comfortable.
2. Work spaces clear & clean as well as drawers purged of the unnecessary.
1. Additional tables can provide ready to use workspace when needed.
2. Keep areas, like cabinet tops, free from clutter and near enough to use.
• Computer to be easy to reach with cords assessable.
• Peripherals close yet not on direct work spaces.
• Be able to reach printer from the chair.
• Put action files within arms reach.
• Ensure cabinets are well positioned and in good working order.
• Make sure files are secure.
Use this like a checklist and go through your office making the necessary changes one by one and I guarantee that your work will be so much more productive and even more enjoyable as a result. If you feel you are ready to start and need a change, yet may need some help to get started, then professional organizers like me may be the answer.
Need help organizing? Michelle serves the Carleton Place, Lanark County and Ottawa areas.