Professional Organizing Tips and Resources.
As you work hard everyday helping others you make a real difference in the world.
As much work as it can be, I think it feels great to know this. Don’t you?
Today I thought I would share a special note and share my top tips on what makes a great task organizing system. Maybe then I can make a difference too by helping someone get back to being creative and enjoy more peace of mind too.
There are three very important factors to a good task organizing system...
1. You must trust it.
A system has to be set up in a way that you will feel confident that you will see task reminders for what you need to do, when you need to do it.
2. You must have a place for everything.
The physical needs to house this system must be in place and labelled or documented well. (This factor usually needs to be in place prior to the 'trusting' part, yet having 'Trust' in your system is the most important factor, so I put that first.)
3. You must maintain it regularly.
A schedule of daily, weekly, monthly or yearly review must be in place, as well as time put aside to tweak, maintain and purge from system as needed.
To start off on creating this ‘Must Have’ system you will need to do two things.
1. Put the time in, that is needed to complete it.
2. Establish a good budget for your organizing needs.
Because after all, if 'stuff' is worth keeping, or worth doing, then it's worth it. Right?
If it's not worth it, then toss it!
One question some people may have for me at this point is 'How do I get started?' So in addition, today I will give you an outline of my 'Tiger Method' and the focus at each point in this 5 step process...
Testify on your motivation.
* Write out goal statements for all areas of your life that need focus.
* List your priorities by their Condition and Cost/Value.
Identify what works and what doesn’t.
* Note Technical Errors, External Realties and Psychological Obstacles holding you back.
* Consider your personality, style & unique challenges.
Get Real about what you need to do.
* Use a task planner to do this.
* Categorize Organize and Map out your task schedule to make time tangible.
Engage your plan and take action.
* Make decisions on tasks using 4 D's, "Delete, Delegate, Defer and Do It."
* Purge excess & meaningless tasks.
* Assign space for tasks and keep separate.
Repeat and Refine as you go.
* Monitor your progress & timing bi-monthly.
* Make time to re-group in times of crisis.
* Be flexible yet honor your commitments.
* Take time to celebrate your successes.
This process can help you lay out your dreams; it only requires your passion and a bit of effort. The sooner you start, the sooner you realize your dreams.
"The vision must be followed by the venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps - we must step up the stairs." ~Vance Havner
Go get' em Tiger!
Need help organizing? Michelle serves the Carleton Place, Lanark County and Ottawa areas.